In this post we can do the following:
- Create App Service
- Associate .PFX Certificate
- Create App Registration
- Associate .CER Certificate
Create App Service
Go to Azure > App Service > Create New App Service (At least B1 Plan required to have TLS settings)
Associate .PFX Certificate
Go to App Service > TLS Settings blade > Private key certificates tab > Upload our .PFX certificate
Note the Thumbprint of the certificate. You will need it in the upcoming steps of the article-series.
Create App Registration
Go to Azure > Active Directory > App Registrations > Create New App Registration
Noe the Client ID & Tenant ID. You will need it in the upcoming steps of the article-series.
Associate .CER Certificate
Now go to the Certificates & secrets blade and upload the .CER certificate.
You are now ready with your App Service & App Registration along with the Certificates.
Few notes on Certificates:
- Issuer Information – owner information
- Private Key – for encryption using one secret – faster
- Public Key – for decryption using another secret – slower & better reliable
- Thumbprint – for identification
- Password – for installation
This post is part of an Article Series: